THIS DESTINATION HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED FOR 2020. THIS MAY CHANGE THIS YEAR.
It is envisaged that the trainee would spend four weeks focusing on advanced laparoscopic and open hernia surgery.
The fellowship is intended for a qualified general surgeon who intends to further his/her surgical skills. Surgeons in private practice or in a general surgical position in state or academic hospital are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be expected to be a conscientious and impressive representative of South African surgery.
The sponsorship entails covering the costs of travel and accommodation for the duration of the fellowship. There may be some personal costs incurred by the successful recipient.
Regular feedback will be required from both the recipient and the lead surgeon to ensure continuation of funding throughout the duration of the fellowship.
SASES expects the successful candidate to provide feedback on their trip in the form of a comprehensive report to be posted on the SASES webpage and a short presentation to be delivered at the next SASES congress.
- Online Application by deadline date.
- SASES paid up member
- Registered as a general surgeon in South Africa (HPCSA).
- Working in South Africa.
- Must be willing to travel for a period of 4 weeks in the current year.
- Previous clinical exposure: Various laparoscopic procedures.
- motivation letter,
- detailed proposal, including cost estimates of the intended visit,
- updated CV,
- summary of laparoscopic experience,
- names of 2 referees, letter from HOD if applicable .